Updated Licenses and Education for Success in the New Year

woman writing in calendar book
Lori Gubash, CLTC, FICF
Lori Gubash, CLTC, FICF January 11, 2023

Lori leads the LTC team and acts as a liaison to ensure we are providing the best possible Long-Term Care Insurance and business development solutions for our agents and their senior clients.

Are your insurance licenses and Continuing Education requirements up to date?

January is a great time to review your state insurance licenses and education requirements and set important reminders for when licenses renew and education is due throughout the year. If you have an expired license or don’t have the proper training, you could be jeopardizing your client’s insurance application or delaying your compensation.

Where to Start

The National Insurance Producer Registry provides streamlined licensing data and compliance information for insurance professionals. NIPR makes it easy for you to:

  • Review your state requirements
  • Apply for a new license or line of authority
  • Renew an existing license
  • Review Continuing Education (CE) requirements
  • Print your license
  • So much more!

Check Your Continuing Education through Sircon or State Based Systems

Use Sircon for the following states: AZ, CA, CO, GA, IN, MD, MN, MS, NV, NJ, NC, PA, SD, TX, UT, VA, WV, and WY.

Use State Based Systems for the following states: AL, AK, AR, CT, DE, DC, HI, ID, IL, IA, KS, MA, MO, MT, NE, NH, NM, ND, OK, OR, RI, SC, TN, VT, and WI.

For all other states, visit your resident state’s Division of Insurance (DOI) website.

Special Education


Many states require special education to sell Long-Term Care Insurance. This usually requires eight hours of training in LTCI and an additional four hours every two years thereafter. This varies by state, and we recommend verifying any special training prior to purchasing it. Some carriers also require that your training is completed through a Clear-Cert verified vendor. WebCe, for example, meets this requirement.


Medicare certification (AHIP or equivalent) and some additional carrier requirements are required to write most Medicare products. You must also be contracted and approved with a carrier prior to writing Medicare business.

Once your state insurance license has been verified and your Continuing Education is up to date, you can apply for a licensing appointment with specific carriers.

Carriers Available through The Krause Agency

Long-Term Care Insurance

  • Brighthouse
  • Equi-Trust
  • LifeSecure
  • Lincoln
  • Mutual of Omaha
  • National Guardian Life
  • Nationwide
  • OneAmerica
  • Securian
  • Thrivent

Medicare and Other Supplemental Products

  • Ace
  • Aetna
  • Allstate
  • Cigna
  • Humana
  • Mutual of Omaha
  • UnitedHealth Care
  • Wellcare

Medicaid Compliant Annuities

  • Elco Mutual
  • Unity Financial
  • Nationwide
  • The Standard
  • Croatian Financial

We offer competitive commissions with all the carriers under our umbrella. Get contracted with us to start selling today!

Not sure where to begin? Schedule a call with one of our in-house advisors.